The Empire of Beutchland is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 308 million Beutchlandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.4%.
The strong Beutchlandian economy, worth 21.7 trillion Benzes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 70,369 Benzes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 203,465 per year while the poor average 19,298, a ratio of 10.5 to 1.
The banshee wail foretells skies of death, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused, practising saying 'how now brown cow' is an essential part of holiday planning, and protecting the land is holey work. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beutchland's national animal is the Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beutchland was endorsed by The Sleeping Land of Kangarawa.
- : Beutchland was endorsed by The Viking Empire of Danelaw Scandinavia.
- : Beutchland was endorsed by The United Kingdoms of Plazland.
- : Beutchland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Beutchland, protecting the land is holey work.
- : Following new legislation in Beutchland, practising saying 'how now brown cow' is an essential part of holiday planning.
- : Following new legislation in Beutchland, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in Beutchland, the banshee wail foretells skies of death.
- : Following new legislation in Beutchland, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters.
- : Beutchland's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
Endorsements Received: 30 » Tim Stark, Wiranath, Roissyland, A Slanted Black Stripe, Pakitsk, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Am Echad, Axdel, Fedele, Rhealaliit, Hizuru, Astroa, Ravendi, Kilkire, Someseni, Brotherland, Bachtendekuppen, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, Funkadelia, Izonno, Greater Felter, Todd McCloud, The United Neo American Union, Aelitia, Plazland, Danelaw Scandinavia, and Kangarawa.