The Federal Republic of Biblionesia is a huge, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 792 million Biblionesians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Industry, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tunas City. The average income tax rate is 63.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Biblionesian economy, worth 80.6 trillion Erdos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 101,721 Erdos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
People can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler', Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Biblionesia's national animal is the elephant, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Biblionesia, private law firms are unheard of.
- : Following new legislation in Biblionesia, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League.
- : Following new legislation in Biblionesia, Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping.
- : Following new legislation in Biblionesia, people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler'.
- : Biblionesia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Biblionesia, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Biblionesia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of PS Suisse.
- : Biblionesia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Biblionesia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Biblionesia, Leader has just been declared ruler of Biblionesia in an international press conference.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Silverfish37, Dekks, Liossalde, Venovica, Proxmire, Maupedonia, Gallo Republic, Pyceiline, Maoux, Ezechard, Qingling, Mauvemarke, The Pirotian Republic, Talamia, Silabar, Varavano, Ronaldan, Siriza, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, and PS Suisse.