|Leader||Grand Duke Harald I Svenson|
The Federal Grand Duchy of Birgenland is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Duke Harald I Svenson with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, pith helmet sales, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 2.279 billion Birglanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Birköping. The average income tax rate is 71.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Birgish economy, worth 229 trillion Birgse Kroner a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 100,823 Birgse Kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, wigged-out hunters report playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts, a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun, and superfoods are often seen as supervillains. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Birgenland's national animal is the Arctic Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lutheranist Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Birgenland was endorsed by The Republic of Bolger.
- : Birgenland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Birgenland endorsed The Holy Empire of The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule.
- : Birgenland endorsed The Awkward Adages of Geektopia.
- : Birgenland endorsed The Lucky Beartopia of The Nation of the People of the Nation.
- : Birgenland was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule.
- : Birgenland was endorsed by The Awkward Adages of Geektopia.
- : Birgenland was endorsed by The Lucky Beartopia of The Nation of the People of the Nation.
- : Birgenland endorsed The Republic of Polgaria.
- : Birgenland was endorsed by The Community of Sanjira.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Emastalia, Mancheseva City, Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Primorye Oblast, Pirataria, Penlopa, Caprydania, Tassaland, West Wirral, Precisely Nothing, Paulotzia, Caffeinated, Eloscape, Leuxas, Arvigiel, Brickfield, Kingdom of Stargard, Pygania, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Ipsonasia, New France Republic, Terra Potestatem, Pland Adanna, The Democratic Peoples, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Rawatna, Cyberpunk, The Lost Men, Lurinsk, Euperis, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Laudesia, Tital Mania, Polgaria, Sanjira, Geektopia, The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule, and Bolger.