The United Kingdom of Birkenland is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its public floggings, daily referendums, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 399 million Birkians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adlerberg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.9%.
The thriving Birkian economy, worth 38.1 trillion birks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Automobile Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 95,413 birks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 686,360 per year while the poor average 4,272, a ratio of 160 to 1.
On graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, dreams of replicator technology have been dashed following a ban on 3D printers, and muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Birkenland's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Birkenland was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Kingdom of Stargard.
- : Birkenland was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Birkenland was endorsed by The Federation of Brickfield.
- : Following new legislation in Birkenland, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions.
- : Following new legislation in Birkenland, dreams of replicator technology have been dashed following a ban on 3D printers.
- : Following new legislation in Birkenland, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- : Following new legislation in Birkenland, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
- : Birkenland endorsed The Federal Republic of Zaeka.
- : Birkenland was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Zaeka.
- : Birkenland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
Endorsements Received: 56 » Desrouleaux, Clialaad, Salxeburg, The Vereenigde Oostindiche Compagnie, Cortlandt Manor, Former Raxhiria, Chadaria, Purgitz, Lusitania and Britannia, Volkovica, Emastalia, Aexnidaral, Pirataria, Terra Potestatem, Estingberg, Eloscape, Twilight Ways, Mancheseva City, Barnian, Raghallaigh, South Eastern Centralia, Arvigiel, Liveropolis, Free Rosabell, Acapais, Le Libertia, Lethen, Serpahima, Federal Republic of Respondia, The Democratic Peoples, Estanglia, Zintibia, Sodorland, New Sickled, Purple Ruthenia, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Zangc, Lastovipol, Termeridion, Murden, Asian Hatia, Gulibia, Ikheria, Verteger, Caleban, Saarland-Niederbayern, The United Peoples of Centrism, Free Andopia, Deathfall, Mikkazuki, and 6 others.Caffeinated, Pyrhus, Envielle, Zaeka, Brickfield, and Kingdom of Stargard.