|Leader||Supreme Commander Yui|
The Grand Commonwealth of Black Spears is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Supreme Commander Yui with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.874 billion Spearsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The GeoFront. The average income tax rate is 66.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Black Spearsian economy, worth 294 trillion CSCS a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 157,404 CSCS, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration, new pilots are regularly reminded that they are more expendable than their planes, and all guns must be registered. Crime is totally unknown. Black Spears's national animal is the dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Black Spears, all guns must be registered.
- : Black Spears was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Black Spears, new pilots are regularly reminded that they are more expendable than their planes.
- : Following new legislation in Black Spears, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration.
- : Following new legislation in Black Spears, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids.
- : Following new legislation in Black Spears, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The The GeoFront Times is sold out.
- : Black Spears voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Black Spears voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Black Spears's influence in Entropy rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Following new legislation in Black Spears, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.