The Clockwork Plague of BlackLight Covenant is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Boris with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, otherworldly petting zoo, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 9.642 billion BlackLight Covenantians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Terbarlynton. The average income tax rate is 94.1%.
The frighteningly efficient BlackLight Covenantian economy, worth a remarkable 1,975 trillion Retals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 204,836 Retals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field, every week is blindness awareness week, and would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. BlackLight Covenant's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Unknown.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : BlackLight Covenant altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in BlackLight Covenant, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here".
- : BlackLight Covenant proposed constructing embassies between The Glorious Nations of Iwaku and ATOMIC.
- : Following new legislation in BlackLight Covenant, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in BlackLight Covenant, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : BlackLight Covenant was endorsed by The Elven Kingdom of Thyslaur.
- : BlackLight Covenant endorsed The Kingdom of Lau Tur.
- : BlackLight Covenant endorsed The Elven Kingdom of Thyslaur.
- : Following new legislation in BlackLight Covenant, children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name.
- : BlackLight Covenant agreed to construct embassies between The Glorious Nations of Iwaku and The Anti Fascism Alliances.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Blobular, Roman-Britannic Empire, Enlais, SteamPunkFish, Kurha, Thaw, Ankuran, Bruhviet Union, Inner Kinglagi, Imperial of Mankind, The New United Empire of the States, Vest Oldabre, Slavaryia, Tyranacility, Havenist, Bokuwinastan, Kisume the bucket youkai, North Starine, Slonavia, Craff, Austrawa, New Bergslagen, Johnsons, Chinohana, Himmelland, Kinegiener, Oct, Reltvilm, Tandonna, Kneecap, Ropedadieromed, Joop joop, Smol Spot, Trinibago, Numba China, Pel, New Kyotostan, Eules Isla, New Cica, Land Land Country Country, Valobrand, Antanamara, South Toboga, Panaderia, Monocracy, Pedda, and Thyslaur.