|Leader||Grand Sovereign Administrator|
The United Singularity of Bleseveau is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Grand Sovereign Administrator with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.636 billion Bleseveauans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order and Education are also considered important, while Environment receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Old Viscar. The average income tax rate is 52.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Bleseveauan economy, worth 184 trillion Virtuales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 69,887 Virtuales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's new Mylab space station is notorious for being the loneliest place above the planet, colonial subjects have Bleseveauan culture shoved down their throats, the most popular stadium acts are one-off performances, and most barbers are also surgeons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bleseveau's national animal is the turtle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Bleseveaun.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bleseveau's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Bleseveau's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Bleseveau's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Bleseveau's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bleseveau altered its national flag.
- : Bleseveau was refounded in Balder.
- : Bleseveau ceased to exist in Kantrias.
- : Bleseveau lodged a message on the Kantrias Regional Message Board.
- : Bleseveau was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Bleseveau, most barbers are also surgeons.