The United Socialist States of Bluemerica is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 421 million Bluemericans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Washington DC. The average income tax rate is 83.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Bluemerican economy, worth 27.9 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is 66,349 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum, the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies", and Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bluemerica's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies.
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies".
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum.
- : Bluemerica was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, it is technically inaccurate to call the dead 'worm food'.
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, the nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks.
- : Bluemerica endorsed The Vabariikball of New Eestiball.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Walfo, The Seven Provinces, Invernessia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Northern German Federation, Yahlia, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Saint Domingo, Trixeland, Republic of Satherland, The Champions League, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Meropis, Abject Ludicrosity, The New Mexican Confederation, Thracia Republic, Ausvelt, Elisabethshagen, The New Nordic Union, St Scarlett, Shaor, Someseni, Kanokla, Dark Matter, Jim the Baptist, Rivierenland, GanymedEuropa, The Young Ur, Irminsulia, Destyntine, Regnum Italiae, Anskerdank, Kyrica, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Uzbek Khan, Leiningerland, Christian Terra, Brakanistan, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Valtrona, Mynox, Enway, Nardin, Continental Social Democrats, United Communes of Chile, North of Americas, Othenhiem, Gliesetonia, and 11 others.Nuevo Europa, Apabeossie, Zulrich, Sloburg, Wombelland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Titoist Yugoslavia, Maalat, En Hassik, Quentenia, and New Eestiball.