The Commonwealth of Boston and Maine is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 730 million Bostonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boston. The average income tax rate is 76.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Boston and Mainean economy, worth 31.7 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Basket Weaving. Average income is 43,391 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Education is transforming people into first-rate snobs, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma, and disaster relief budgets are growing like wildfire. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Boston and Maine's national animal is the Chickadee, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Boston and Maine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Boston and Maine was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Boston and Maine changed its national motto to "#VoteBlue2020".
- : Following new legislation in Boston and Maine, disaster relief budgets are growing like wildfire.
- : Following new legislation in Boston and Maine, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma.
- : Following new legislation in Boston and Maine, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in Boston and Maine, education is transforming people into first-rate snobs.
- : Following new legislation in Boston and Maine, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security.
- : Boston and Maine's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Boston and Maine relocated from Balder to 10000 Islands.