|Leader||Governor Alford Salisbury|
The May St Wood Pigeon Save Us of British Calradia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Governor Alford Salisbury with an iron fist, and notable for its fear of technology, public floggings, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.727 billion Calradians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dhirim. The average income tax rate is 55.7%.
The frighteningly efficient British Calradian economy, worth a remarkable 1,386 trillion Pound Sterlings a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 206,103 Pound Sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, shivering secretaries type letters under torrential downpours in open-roof offices, a valid legal defense is 'dead men tell no tales', and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. British Calradia's national animal is the Dhirim pigeon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : British Calradia was endorsed by The Satanic empire underground of Cafe Hell.
- : British Calradia was endorsed by The Arcturian Republic of Lorrana.
- : British Calradia was endorsed by The Legendary Land of Layngderfleethe.
- : British Calradia was endorsed by The Wanna-be Socialist Republic of Debluu.
- : British Calradia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : British Calradia was endorsed by The Free Land of Eagle Crest.
- : British Calradia was endorsed by The Skadi Church of The Three States of Fortuna.
- : British Calradia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Espeon LD.
- : British Calradia was endorsed by The Avian Federation of Axdel.
- : British Calradia was endorsed by The United Introverts of VW53Aland.