The Not actually British Union of British Verona is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its national health service, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.015 billion Veronans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dunfermélitane. The average income tax rate is 68.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong British Veronan economy, worth 53.3 trillion Veronan Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 52,531 Veronan Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader has no checks and balances after the upper house was abolished, parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend, soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers, and Leader has just been declared ruler of British Verona in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. British Verona's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : British Verona was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : British Verona was endorsed by The Corporate Republic of Cheesecakeastan.
- : British Verona was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : British Verona endorsed The Kingdom of Brototh.
- : Following new legislation in British Verona, Leader has just been declared ruler of British Verona in an international press conference.
- : British Verona was endorsed by The Colony of Mars Walker.
- : British Verona was endorsed by The Kingdom of Miharr.
- : British Verona was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Dykataar.
- : British Verona was endorsed by The Portable Air Cooler of Requelizza.
- : Following new legislation in British Verona, soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers.