The Republic of Britun is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Romando Salazar with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.214 billion Brits live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lisbawa DC. The average income tax rate is 19.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Britunian economy, worth 104 trillion Dogecoins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 86,021 Dogecoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting, and children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-Dogecoin charge on their phone bill. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britun's national animal is the Chimpanzee, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Britun was endorsed by The Federation of Nyxonia.
- : Britun was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Osheiga.
- : Britun was endorsed by The Federation of Northern Estrian Islands.
- : Britun was endorsed by The Democratic States of Anatasha.
- : Britun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Britun changed its national currency to "Dogecoin".
- : Following new legislation in Britun, children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-Dogecoin charge on their phone bill.
- : Following new legislation in Britun, games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting.
- : Following new legislation in Britun, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Following new legislation in Britun, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons.
Endorsements Received: 80 » Tepertopia, Marinho Islands, The White Isles, Nowa Europa, Phanama, Land Without Shrimp, Treir, Qvait, Bawkie, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Bleakfoot, Wehraboos, PenguinPies, Amerion, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Lionstrapower, Purple Hyacinth, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Rebel-topia, Scu Greinne, Belschaft, Auphelia, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Bartonia Nova, Levistian, Ceutalia, Farengeto, Aumeltopia, Wakandan Tribes, Holota, Jehenna, Canmore, Qawe, Eskvenn, Kandorith, The Altan, Seythennia, Beepee, Yeses, Direwolf1, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Doge Land, Enplatia, NIGHTRAY, Ipugao, and 30 others.Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, Gonrati, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Kaoia, Noimosini, JavaSiege, Carrelie, Kaleidescooptopia, New Qafedemar, Rhetiaa, Beblahbleblo, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Solanosco, Danily, Esfalsa, Vicken, Holy Free, New Sanet, The Kies, Anatasha, Northern Estrian Islands, Osheiga, and Nyxonia.