The Confederacy of Bulli is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Lord Bull with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.817 billion Bullians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bulldozer City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Bullian economy, worth 241 trillion Guilders a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 133,031 Guilders, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 394,963 per year while the poor average 35,151, a ratio of 11.2 to 1.
Children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is, five-year-olds chanting "Little Miss Muffet" are accused of bullying arachnophobes, the nation's government buildings are remarkable for being ugly concrete boxes, and the country is littered with broken homes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bulli's national animal is the Rabid Squirrel and its national religion is Setism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bulli was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Bulli, the country is littered with broken homes.
- : Bulli was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Following new legislation in Bulli, the nation's government buildings are remarkable for being ugly concrete boxes.
- : Following new legislation in Bulli, five-year-olds chanting "Little Miss Muffet" are accused of bullying arachnophobes.
- : Following new legislation in Bulli, children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is.
- : Following new legislation in Bulli, for 25 Guilders tourists can gawk at the site of national tragedy.
- : Bulli was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Bulli, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Bulli.
- : Following new legislation in Bulli, the government seizes all major gold finds.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Todd McCloud, A Slanted Black Stripe, Roissyland, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Brotherland, Bullpups, Izonno, Elejamie, Unger under over, Axdel, Arkantis, Dark Edgyness, Drunken Seal Islands, Lanagon, Narinoland, Roliganistan, Blazing Samaritan, AngusEssa, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Ribanzi, The Underwood Industrial Empire, Federated States of Zootron, Squid Ruinosa, Mundiferrum, ReeK, Kelsyth, Propwash, Amjedia, Penfifteen, Norport, Bakaworld, Harro Waarudho, Ciggie Smallistan, Marrico, Joundia, Hizuru, Slui, Wanabe, Taurora, Agonya, Urimel, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Cacocu, Lyontisia, Airrajul, Ravendi, Am Echad, Galve, Elkenian, and 46 others.Furnifold, Humri, Bytes, The Romanum Legio, Southern Yugoslavia, Socialist Holy American Empire, Slys Paws, Aelitia, The Happian Union, Republic of Berzerkistan, Tim Stark, Fedele, Thyaclinia, United China Nation, Davelands, Wiranath, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Gemookul, Bachtendekuppen, Neruch, The Angel of Charity, Superior Indonesia, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, BearStackof2015, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Pakitsk, TheRuthenians, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Astroa, Sadinata, Zukchiva, The United Asian Republics, Justice-Becoming, Kilkire, VoyKovie, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, Funkadelia, Greater Felter, The United Neo American Union, Rhealaliit, Kangarawa, Plazland, and Danelaw Scandinavia.