The United Socialist States of Burkhai is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 835 million Burkhainians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wahaki. The average income tax rate is 82.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Burkhaian economy, worth 29.3 trillion Kuhparas a year, is highly specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 35,067 Kuhparas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Group hugs break out during floor votes, B-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Leader's wardrobe, and recognizing the Burkhaian flag qualifies you for citizenship. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Burkhai's national animal is the Burkhainian Spoonbill, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Burkhai was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Burkhai was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Burkhai, recognizing the Burkhaian flag qualifies you for citizenship.
- : Burkhai endorsed The Empire of Camden Forest.
- : Following new legislation in Burkhai, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Leader's wardrobe.
- : Burkhai was endorsed by The Empire of Camden Forest.
- : Burkhai endorsed The Holy Gold of McClandia Doge 2.
- : Burkhai was endorsed by The Holy Gold of McClandia Doge 2.
- : Following new legislation in Burkhai, B-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age.
- : Following new legislation in Burkhai, group hugs break out during floor votes.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Feladria, Ruinenlust, Verdant Haven, Novian Republics, Ransium, Turbeaux, Cat-Herders United, Canaltia, Appendia, Edible Plywood, Ownzone, Anachronolandia, Window Land, Eryndlynd, Frieden-und Freudenland, Love and Nature, Entitize, Candlewhisper Archive, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Dwardossa, Groenwald, Caterasia, Pen Blanityion, Bananaistan, Blon Gre, Effazio, Ziotah and Riverside, The Black Forrest, Deontologia, Tur Ada, Vanenia, Bakwaas, Rippardine, Porth Dunwich, Hyon Delta, The Void Territories, Taco Respublic, Kawastyselir, Forgotten Beauty, Ashrah, Eaven, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Spengland et South Toiwan, Crowacia, Fahx, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Greyveldt, Ironic Remarks, Ordand, Artemis, and 7 others.Bregaria, Euso, Atsvea, Middle Barael, Lura, McClandia Doge 2, and Jutsa.