The United Kingdom of Burmville is a huge, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, fear of technology, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 247 million Burmvilleans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 12.9%.
The strong Burmvillean economy, worth 15.4 trillion Burmivins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Uranium Mining, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 62,505 Burmivins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Choking on Burmivins is a leading cause of death for wild animals, soldiers must key in their passwords every time they want to reload their weapons, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, and research into 'designer babies' is banned. Crime is relatively low. Burmville's national animal is the dolphin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Burmville was endorsed by The Grand Vizier of Dragons Blood.
- : Burmville was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Burmville was endorsed by The Parrot Excommunigate of Libertanny.
- : Burmville was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Trans Anarcho-Communist Lesbian Catgirls.
- : Burmville was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Burmville was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Burmville was endorsed by The Artam3vian R3public of Modra.
- : Burmville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 9003".
- : Burmville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proper Hygiene For Medical Instruments".
- : Following new legislation in Burmville, research into 'designer babies' is banned.
Endorsements Received: 22 » VW53Aland, Peoples Republic of GG, The Three States of Fortuna, H-Zhena, Aivintis, Brotherland, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Asendavia, Zukchiva, Stellar Colonies, Staynes, Ridann, New South Hope, Evrigenis, Oofery, BuciLand, Modra, The Atlae Isles, Libertanny, A mean old man, and Dragons Blood.