The Democratic States of Bursken is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Jonny Goldstar with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.468 billion Burskonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Treskon. The average income tax rate is 71.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Burskenian economy, worth 182 trillion Stavs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 124,229 Stavs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps, the government pours millions of Stavs into rehabilitation programs annually, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Jonny Goldstar's wardrobe, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bursken's national animal is the falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Kadores.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bursken, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Bursken voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Following new legislation in Bursken, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Jonny Goldstar's wardrobe.
- : Bursken lodged a message on the Europeia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Bursken, the government pours millions of Stavs into rehabilitation programs annually.
- : Following new legislation in Bursken, wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps.
- : Following new legislation in Bursken, legislators must raise their hands if they want to speak.
- : Following new legislation in Bursken, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
- : Following new legislation in Bursken, exports are stamped with "made by the invisible hand you commies".
- : Bursken endorsed The Federation of Greatnessity City.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Raghallaigh, Mancheseva City, Le Libertia, Caffeinated, Terra Potestatem, Pirataria, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, West Wirral, Brickfield, Tassaland, Emastalia, Primorye Oblast, Kingdom of Stargard, Eloscape, Arvigiel, Ipsonasia, Royal Alchemia, Pygania, Poquaoi, Barcelona and Girona, Pland Adanna, Boopityboopboop, New France Republic, The Democratic Peoples, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Cyberpunk, Precisely Nothing, Deliber, The Lost Men, Guatemalan Corsica, Penlopa, Purple Ruthenia, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Laudesia, Caketon, Euperis, Tital Mania, Polgaria, Sanjira, The Nation of the People of the Nation, The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule, Geektopia, Prov, Bolger, and Greatnessity City.