|Leader||Supreme Leader Will Johnson|
The New Founded Republic of Bylake is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Supreme Leader Will Johnson with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.028 billion Bylers are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greater Lenzen. The average income tax rate is 77.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Bylakian economy, worth 132 trillion Byler Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 129,236 Byler Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of historical leaders at Mount Rushless, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, families are left homeless as entire suburbs are bulldozed on the whim of tribal chiefs, and political activists are routinely executed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bylake's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bylake's influence in The Unity Concord rose from "Power" to "Dominator".
- : Bylake's influence in The Unity Concord fell from "Hermit" to "Power".
- : The Republic of Saint Kus Viseatanumpance dismissed Bylake as Chancellor of The Unity Concord.
- : Bylake ejected and banned The Republic of Saint Kus Viseatanumpance from The Unity Concord.
- : Bylake's influence in The Unity Concord rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Bylake was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Bylake changed its national leader to "Supreme Leader Will Johnson".
- : Following new legislation in Bylake, political activists are routinely executed.
- : The Republic of Saint Kus Viseatanumpance appointed Bylake as Chancellor with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in The Unity Concord.
- : Bylake relocated from The South Pacific to The Unity Concord.