The Holy Empire of Byrdonia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Viktor Reznov with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, smutty television, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.098 billion Byrdonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Administration also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tombstone. The average income tax rate is 94.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Byrdonian economy, worth 661 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 315,134 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,002,337 per year while the poor average 75,430, a ratio of 13.3 to 1.
War vets look after war animals, understaffed slavers offer highballs when asked to 'pass the screwdriver' during household maintenance, 13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists, and citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Byrdonia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Byrdonia's national animal is the Black Mamba, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Byrdonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Byrdonia, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Byrdonia.
- : Following new legislation in Byrdonia, 13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Byrdonia, understaffed slavers offer highballs when asked to 'pass the screwdriver' during household maintenance.
- : Following new legislation in Byrdonia, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in Byrdonia, military information leaks are **REDACTED** by **REDACTED** in **REDACTED**.
- : Byrdonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Byrdonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Byrdonia approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Byrdonia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » WeirdTheWise.