|Capital||The Great Capitol|
The Commonwealth of Bysios is a huge, safe nation, notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 413 million Bysiosians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Education, with Law & Order, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Great Capitol. The average income tax rate is 66.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Bysiosian economy, worth 42.5 trillion Bitcoins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 102,947 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Workers have their fruitcake and eat it too, the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Bysiosians any less frightened, and weapons produced by newly nationalized armaments factories have been found to contain sawdust instead of gunpowder. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bysios's national animal is the Meerkat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bysios was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Bysios was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Bysios, weapons produced by newly nationalized armaments factories have been found to contain sawdust instead of gunpowder.
- : Following new legislation in Bysios, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Bysiosians any less frightened.
- : Following new legislation in Bysios, the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news.
- : Following new legislation in Bysios, workers have their fruitcake and eat it too.
- : Following new legislation in Bysios, mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past.
- : Bysios voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Bysios, Bysios has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Following new legislation in Bysios, the government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Asendavia, Pakitsk, VW53Aland, Dragons Blood, Brotherland, Evrigenis, H-Zhena, Zukchiva, The Eternal Land of Jong, Libertanny, East Malaysia, Tretrid, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Rainbow Vests, Staynes, Oofery, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Raunch, Didusland, Technocratic Tagalog, BuciLand, Mays Austrian Nation, Modra, Greater New Cassandra, The Atlae Isles, A mean old man, and Santa Dystopia.