The Republic of Cacnesia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Ubermensch with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.183 billion Cacnesians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carcosa. The average income tax rate is 79.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Cacnesian economy, worth 147 trillion Ingsoc Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 124,896 Ingsoc Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Cacnesians any less frightened, an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark, and the bourgeoisie are asked nicely to hand over the means of production. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cacnesia's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, the bourgeoisie are asked nicely to hand over the means of production.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc.
- : Cacnesia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Cacnesians any less frightened.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, Cacnesia successfully hosted the The East Pacific Olympics.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, President Ubermensch spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders.
- : Cacnesia was endorsed by The Federation of Ephem.
- : Cacnesia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Following new legislation in Cacnesia, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Eagas, Marrabuk, H-Zhena, Someseni, Brotherland, East Malaysia, Wiranath, Todd McCloud, Pakitsk, Am Echad, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, Rainbow Vests, Republic of Berzerkistan, Ridann, Dragons Blood, Evrigenis, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Asendavia, Axdel, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Khadah, Liberstankonia, Greater New Cassandra, Mays Austrian Nation, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, BTProductions, Coruh, Nevertopia, and Ephem.