The Fiefdom of Cairfield is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, prohibition of alcohol, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 579 million Cairfielders are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The large, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yanvere. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Cairfielden economy, worth 44.1 trillion caips a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 76,131 caips, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, and churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cairfield's national animal is the moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cairfield was endorsed by The Aumeltopia Endorsers of Untied Provinces of Atlantica.
- : Cairfield was endorsed by The Rational Consensus of Freedoom.
- : Following new legislation in Cairfield, churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings'.
- : Following new legislation in Cairfield, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Cairfield, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone.
- : Following new legislation in Cairfield, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Cairfield, replacement organs are grown in vats.
- : Cairfield endorsed The Free Land of BootJack.
- : Cairfield endorsed The Rainbow Land of The Sk8ing Unicorn.
- : Cairfield endorsed The Republic of Jennaterra.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Xandev, Concrete Slab, Land Without Shrimp, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Tsunamy, Ostanasia, Aidenfieeld, Wehraboos, Choodox, Academy of Umbrellas, The Solar System Scope, Volaworand, Jehenna, Quiescent, Jahass, The Filippinas, Farengeto, Barabarom, Luddinlande, Dasko, Aumeltopia, Agalaesia, Sesteran, Churumduul, Hanguk-Nippon, State of Iowa, Anachronolandia, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Towi Lamia, Roavin, Tsvetania, Qawe, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, The Pacific Ocean Islands, Great Africans, Qvait, Phanama, Chew Zim, Beepee, P R of China, United Federated States of Omega, Upper Tyrconnel, Ariankido, Jennaterra, The Sk8ing Unicorn, and 3 others.BootJack, Freedoom, and Untied Provinces of Atlantica.