|Leader||the Chairman of the Commonwealth Council|
The Commonwealth of Cairnben is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Chairman of the Commonwealth Council with a fair hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.691 billion Cairnbenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nubierth. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Cairnbenian economy, worth 991 trillion bretzels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 148,217 bretzels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers, nothing gets the party jumping like the Chairman of the Commonwealth Council specifying how high, populations of two-headed hummingbirds have been found around recently-uncovered archaeological sites, and the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cairnben's national animal is the hummingbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cairnben was endorsed by The Comply or Die of Kranostav.
- : Cairnben was endorsed by The Republic of Selfgradatude.
- : Cairnben was endorsed by The Queendom of Eravonia.
- : Cairnben was endorsed by The Republic of Terban Kedah.
- : Following new legislation in Cairnben, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in Cairnben, populations of two-headed hummingbirds have been found around recently-uncovered archaeological sites.
- : Cairnben was endorsed by The Ghost of Delegate Past of Pallaith.
- : Cairnben was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Clan Spaniel.
- : Following new legislation in Cairnben, nothing gets the party jumping like the Chairman of the Commonwealth Council specifying how high.
- : Cairnben was endorsed by The Click to endorse of 1 very fast endotarter.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Miruma, Alunya, Afcon, The Rhein States, Loutsland, Ethnon, Runeda, Territorio di Nessuno, Zyvetskistaahn, Pazair, McMasterdonia, Great Bights Mum, Angshire, Corfad, Dar es Saalam, Yaorozu, Koda-Land, Spartoptia, PlanetPunk, Viridiann, North Bratislava, Notyoutopia, Amauri, Kasazzastan, New Bremerton, Sundred, Sockmanland, Shibutani, Zekeinistan, Aratani, Federation Terra Australis, Guer Aike, Dabarastan, Nothru Lerple, Dreadton, Steampunk Ariel, Loli County, Sunto, Neworva, Daiz, United Anglo-America, Zumlandia, Seenvorland, United Kahndaq, Sea Ghost, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Racoda, Vincone Cae, Parmovand, Shadowrik, and 13 others.Daymonskinner, Holy Oranz, New Octicarg, Maott, Trillius, Siwale, 1 very fast endotarter, Clan Spaniel, Pallaith, Terban Kedah, Eravonia, Selfgradatude, and Kranostav.