The Republic of Caladh is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Michael Collins with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.404 billion Caladhians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Biorainn. The average income tax rate is 80.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Caladhian economy, worth 153 trillion Calas a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 109,562 Calas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Frequent broken zippers have resulted in safety pins making a fashion comeback, Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Caladh, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century, and refugees from other nations are flocking to Caladh's border. Crime is totally unknown. Caladh's national animal is the Sianach, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caladh was endorsed by The Empire of Rhetiaa.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, refugees from other nations are flocking to Caladh's border.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Caladh.
- : Caladh was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, frequent broken zippers have resulted in safety pins making a fashion comeback.
- : Caladh was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, it's best not to ask what goes into Biorainn Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, arbitration is mightier than the sword.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, interest in globalism never flags.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Hanguk-Nippon, Wehraboos, Aveerya, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Dasko, Pays de Loire, Anachronolandia, Aumeltopia, Xandev, Tsunamy, Amerion, Gymnostan, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Barabarom, Kringalia, Wild Space, Farengeto, Great Africans, Negoshi, Zosnor, Agalaesia, Volaworand, USNE2018, Beepee, Phanama, Ariankido, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Qvait, Luddinlande, New Briantown, Sedunn, Jehenna, Imperial Duck, The Filippinas, Concrete Slab, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Mapico, Paranoia, Maeiland, Aurcania, The Tecorogan Federation, Omiri, Unielvan Millorvium, The Two Jerseys, Bear Connors Paradiso, and 24 others.Proctethia, The United Expanse, The Drakan Republic, Qawe, Yeldarbsland, Madhonia, Pamela And Hepatitis, Malonereich, Lost And Found, WTP All the good names are taken, Astraee, Far Nolinki, Tilipria, Jaxon, Midand, Cohors Stercore, Romanus Terrae, Idylce, Nueva Alta California, Earth Orbit, The Shining Purple Light, Bleakfoot, Hellafare, and Rhetiaa.