The Republic of Calametia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Amy Doe with an even hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, vat-grown people, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.255 billion Calametians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oblivion. The average income tax rate is 66.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Calametian economy, worth 111 trillion smeckins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 49,436 smeckins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Airplane passengers have been known to stuff pillows in their jackets to get extra arm room, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, listless juries are assembled for the simplest of court cases, and religious turf wars have caused frustrated police to pray for divine intervention. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calametia's national animal is the opossum, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Calametia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Calametia's influence in Forest rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Calametia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Calametia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Calametia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Calametia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Calametia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Calametia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Calametia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and the Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Calametia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.