The Federation of Calmarya is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 247 million Calmaryans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 9.8%.
The all-consuming Calmaryan economy, worth 24.5 trillion Calmaryan Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is 99,013 Calmaryan Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, mandatory state-funded classes teach Libertarianism, and prisoners due for execution often use their final statement to complain about soggy bread rolls. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Calmarya's national animal is the Bald Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Calmarya was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Calmarya was endorsed by The Holy Capitalist Haven of La xinga.
- : Calmarya was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, prisoners due for execution often use their final statement to complain about soggy bread rolls.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, mandatory state-funded classes teach Libertarianism.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, the nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, gay couples have to travel to Brancaland to find a church that will actually let them wed.
- : Following new legislation in Calmarya, life expectancies inside correctional facilities vastly exceed the national average.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Modra, H-Zhena, Liberstankonia, BuciLand, The Three States of Fortuna, Khadah, Libertanny, Brotherland, Flench, Pakitsk, A Slanted Black Stripe, Republic of Berzerkistan, Filipopol, Drunken Seal Islands, Rhealaliit, Kaigi, Washingtonian Order, Todd McCloud, Tshana, Roliganistan, Federated States of Zootron, Asendavia, Bai Lung, Ridann, ReeK, Mays Austrian Nation, Freedom Fascists, VW53Aland, Squid Ruinosa, Kangarawa, Rainbow Vests, Stellar Colonies, Evrigenis, Sovietsoyuz, Tretrid, Philville2, A mean old man, Lanagon, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Goodnamesarerare, Duracell, The United Neo American Union, Axdel, Kyrtizhan, Trulu, Dragons Blood, Riveraland, East Malaysia, Nevertopia, Santa Dystopia, and 14 others.Jakubonia, Arcady-Asclepia, West Akhzaristan, Centrical Union, Unger under over, Coruh, EnderShnovia, Merlovich, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Zukchiva, Gyp Land, Survivoristan, Refuge Isle, and La xinga.