|Leader||Compagne Nadia Verte|
The Free Land of Calrad is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Compagne Nadia Verte with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.085 billion Calradians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pravend. The average income tax rate is 87.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Calradian economy, worth 289 trillion Ducats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 138,704 Ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, busy commuters no longer hear the cries of "I want some more!" on the nation's streets, the experimental sculpture "Overtures In Dried Dragon Dung" has been declared a national treasure, and lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers. Crime is totally unknown. Calrad's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, the experimental sculpture "Overtures In Dried Dragon Dung" has been declared a national treasure.
- : Calrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Calrad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, busy commuters no longer hear the cries of "I want some more!" on the nation's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, a government program is underway to revitalize Calrad's beaches.
- : Calrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Calrad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, Compagne Nadia Verte always arrives fashionably late and smelling of mushrooms.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Wysrod, Valentian Elysium, Tholosis, Caldorado, Evertopia, Solarampa, Vivolkha, Dustwind, Greenmont Federation, Pianaville, Creeptopia, Ferte, Anisopterra, Yakkandiania, Blogotopia, Waitiki, Zopciria, Northern Nivaria, Namakan, Palman, Kachikawawa, Point Comfort Colony, Isentran, Zeganas, Gewisse, QuazaFire, Chip Skylark, Prairiesora, The Parandeam, Anollasia, Novegia, Katitania, Ignis Cinere, Drewish, Solsevara, Better Indonesia, Marxist Germany, Islands of Czechia, Adrinian, Seantonia, Tzo, Iontan, Liberdon, Zeklandia, Pardul, Colonel Terrosit, Mastodonia, Juiulia, Eist, Vill Send, and 35 others.United States of Island land, Ner Epiand, Maalemzya, Seranis, Grungerock, Clialaad, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Holma, The Galactic American Imperium, Arnesia, Megistos, S Mova Derat, New Kowloon Bay, Selu-Ahare, Krystalveil, Lisokyo, Medetas, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Killettland, Tausend Seen, Wischland, Tierra de Platanos, The Indian Royalty, Nibi Naabe, Capea, Silvedania, Mauryana, Oppressthemville, Saint Islaw Wra, Yellowjacket, Alemputo, Ilfarasia, Venmere, and Dorab.