The Free Land of Calrad is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, keen interest in outer space, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic population of 455 million Calradians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pravend. The average income tax rate is 69.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Calradian economy, worth 43.9 trillion Ducats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is 96,554 Ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Calrad has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, Bigtopian relations have become a minefield, having skeletons in one's closet is no longer just a macabre idiom, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown. Calrad's national animal is the Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Calrad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, having skeletons in one's closet is no longer just a macabre idiom.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, Bigtopian relations have become a minefield.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, Calrad has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Calrad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Calrad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, late night talk show hosts are having a field day over Leader's questionably sane new coalition partners.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, the government prides itself on being smug and condescending to idiots.
- : Following new legislation in Calrad, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Krystalveil, Kuriko, Randopian, Wysrod, Valentian Elysium, Stavillia, Tholosis, Caldorado, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Evertopia, Noaping, Solarampa, Nilveroe, Vivolkha, Dustwind, Lite-Brites, Haivon, Ehrgeizig, Greenmont Federation, Republic of Karskarovyt, Pianaville, Creeptopia, Nooooooooooooooo, Ferte, Est Edmus Turs, Anisopterra, The Pipiles, Transvolcanic, Isla Alcyon, New Tamara, Xemja, AliEN A, Yakkandiania, Achiotopia, Blogotopia, Waitiki, Kebecois, Zopciria, Northern Nivaria, Namakan, Alleida, Palman, Kachikawawa, Snakeden, Point Comfort Colony, Grimmywelsh, Isentran, Echocrimsonia, Carricka, Zeganas, and 21 others.Gewisse, QuazaFire, Saybel, Chip Skylark, Euclid Island, Prairiesora, Anarchals, The Parandeam, Anollasia, Aspistania, Novegia, Rex Republic, United gaelic, Lisokyo, Ria Reavi, Bortheria, Katitania, Ignis Cinere, Drewish, Solsevara, and Better Indonesia.