The Federation of Calvar is a massive, genial nation, notable for its pith helmet sales, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, hard-working population of 1.358 billion Calvarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 20.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Calvarian economy, worth 156 trillion kronor a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 115,294 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR, refugees from other nations are flocking to Calvar's border, Leader has returned as a hero from a brutal campaign to conquer the local beach, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Calvar's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Calvar was endorsed by The Awkward Adages of Geektopia.
- : Calvar was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule.
- : Calvar endorsed The Hard Working Nation of Tital Mania.
- : Calvar endorsed The Republic of Polgaria.
- : Calvar endorsed The Community of Sanjira.
- : Calvar was endorsed by The Lucky Beartopia of The Nation of the People of the Nation.
- : Calvar was endorsed by The Community of Sanjira.
- : Calvar was endorsed by The Republic of Polgaria.
- : Calvar was endorsed by The Hard Working Nation of Tital Mania.
- : Following new legislation in Calvar, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Raghallaigh, Caffeinated, Le Libertia, Mancheseva City, Terra Potestatem, Pirataria, Eloscape, Lethen, West Wirral, Arvigiel, Vlazinova, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Katkasistan, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Poquaoi, Ipsonasia, Free Rosabell, Almendron, Brickfield, Andradus, Corovos, Scaletta, Primorye Oblast, Kingdom of Stargard, Tassaland, Emastalia, Penlopa, Pygania, Sablania, Pland Adanna, New France Republic, The Democratic Peoples, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Cyberpunk, The Lost Men, Lurinsk, Guatemalan Corsica, Disney Know it Alls, Euperis, Ecolaria, Purple Ruthenia, Laudesia, Tital Mania, Polgaria, Sanjira, The Nation of the People of the Nation, The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule, and Geektopia.