The Republic of Camante is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Prescott with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 1.915 billion Camantians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caman. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Camantean economy, worth 325 trillion Camantian Shekels a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 170,144 Camantian Shekels, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 794,141 per year while the poor average 21,820, a ratio of 36.4 to 1.
Centuries-old legal documents detailing agnatic-cognatic gavelkind succession are being dusted off again, the police double as repo men, President Prescott's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide, and President Prescott's webseries about the alleged hauntings of Caman generates millions of views. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Camante's national animal is the Red-Haired Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Camante, President Prescott's webseries about the alleged hauntings of Caman generates millions of views.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, President Prescott's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, the police double as repo men.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, centuries-old legal documents detailing agnatic-cognatic gavelkind succession are being dusted off again.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, passengers often cause a stink on public transport.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, President Prescott will only ring up foreign leaders if they agree to reverse the charges.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers.
- : Camante was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Camante was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Camante, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Tsunamy, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Two Jerseys, Jehenna, Jaxon, The Solar System Scope, Luddinlande, Beepee, Quiescent, Curlyhoward, Concrete Slab, Lost And Found, Aidenfieeld, Nova Montron, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Aywhyou, Aguatania, FreeFishers, Moreana, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, The National Corporation, Trinennie, Brendleton, Kringalia, Tsvetania, Silberne Wache, Towi Lamia, USNE2018, Barabarom, Techganet, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, Cuuldere, Aumeltopia, Saciu, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Vincent Field, Auphelia, Sedunn, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Birdkeeper, Xandev, Akindom, Land Without Shrimp, and 37 others.Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Wyatonians, Agalaesia, Drugged Monkeys, Ariankido, Sesteran, Churumduul, The Filippinas, State of Iowa, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, PenguinPies, Dasko, Phanama, Rabbitz, Pays de Loire, Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, Spearos, Invilgra, New Briantown, Higash, Imperial Duck, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Mapico, Gecetesse, Paranoia, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Direwolf1, Samogitija, and Qawe.