The Sarcasm Tag of Canaltia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jason North with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory gun ownership, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.037 billion Canaltians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bondiclav. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Canaltian economy, worth a remarkable 1,388 trillion pence a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 230,002 pence, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, heartfelt sentiments are mercilessly marketed by a million-pence treacle machine, and every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead. Crime is totally unknown. Canaltia's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is pointless.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Canaltia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Canaltia lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Canaltia, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Following new legislation in Canaltia, heartfelt sentiments are mercilessly marketed by a million-pence treacle machine.
- : Following new legislation in Canaltia, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days.
- : Following new legislation in Canaltia, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit.
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
Endorsements Received: 72 » Ruinenlust, Chilledsville, The Black Forrest, Candlewhisper Archive, Ransium, Ownzone, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Ziotah and Riverside, Kawastyselir, Dwardossa, Feladria, The Cypher Nine, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Fahx, Entitize, Eryndlynd, Cannibaland, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Ironic Remarks, Forgotten Beauty, Caterasia, Window Land, Wantevolo, Verdant Haven, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Love and Nature, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Eaven, Kinectia, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Plifte, Octopus Islands, Lura, Euso, Bregaria, The Righteous Order of Youth, Tur Ada, Jutsa, Palos Heights, Rippardine, Cheloboria, and 22 others.Porth Dunwich, Spengland et South Toiwan, Krisylia, Ashrah, Blon Gre, Frieden-und Freudenland, Bilsa, Appendia, Effazio, Burkhai, Bakwaas, Pen Blanityion, Groenwald, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, Deontologia, Tscharva, Middle Barael, McClandia Doge 2, Pythaga, Girelna, and New Kvenland.