The Grand Duchy of Cannystan is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 324 million Cannystanians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fräiheetberg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.8%.
The very strong Cannystanian economy, worth 23.2 trillion Canny Francs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 71,618 Canny Francs, with the richest citizens earning 9.4 times as much as the poorest.
Airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path, the government pours millions of Canny Francs into rehabilitation programs annually, Cannystan has designated Fräiheetberg as its capital city, and drawing men's naughty bits isn't considered to be art. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cannystan's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cannystan was endorsed by The Principality of Eco-Paris Reformation.
- : Cannystan was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Cannystan changed its national capital to "Fräiheetberg".
- : Following new legislation in Cannystan, drawing men's naughty bits isn't considered to be art.
- : Following new legislation in Cannystan, Cannystan has designated Fräiheetberg as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Cannystan, the government pours millions of Canny Francs into rehabilitation programs annually.
- : Following new legislation in Cannystan, airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path.
- : Following new legislation in Cannystan, motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts".
- : Cannystan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Cannystan was endorsed by The United Socalist States of Soviet Krussia.
Endorsements Received: 64 » The Champions League, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Mynox, South Welford, Regnum Italiae, Shaor, Invernessia, Meropis, St Scarlett, Saint Domingo, The New Nordic Union, Rivierenland, Elisabethshagen, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Thracia Republic, Valtrona, The New Mexican Confederation, Nova Babilonia, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Walfo, Trixeland, Kanokla, Dark Matter, Irminsulia, Yahlia, Republic of Satherland, Northern German Federation, Abject Ludicrosity, Uzbek Khan, The Seven Provinces, Destyntine, Outer Sparta, North of Americas, GanymedEuropa, Kalifer and Baska, Nardin, Germany Third Reich, Dauershire, Nea Europa, Gliesetonia, South St Maarten, Umeria, Othenhiem, Weltbeherrschung, Slavonia and Srijem, Yoannes, Jim the Baptist, Eski, Brakanistan, Chioganah, and 14 others.Nuweland, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Nuevo Europa, Apabeossie, Zulrich, Puerto Thelosia, Wombelland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Bohomo, Ausvelt, Emynia, Soviet Krussia, En Hassik, and Eco-Paris Reformation.