The Commonwealth of Cape Vessey is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Reeves with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.217 billion Vessians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Havarti. The average income tax rate is 77.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Cape Vesseyian economy, worth 255 trillion buttons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 79,558 buttons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, and the nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cape Vessey's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, the nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy.
- : Cape Vessey was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties.
- : Cape Vessey was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Cape Vessey voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Cape Vessey voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
Endorsements Received: 73 » Dustwind, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Kyrizstanislav, Tzo, Anollasia, Seranis, Samonaemia, Chip Skylark, Achiotopia, Danyl, Maalemzya, Old Atlantica, Seantonia, Colonel Terrosit, Testa, Grungerock, Lamborghini Murcielago, Aspistania, Serlone, Echocrimsonia, New Fania, Nooooooooooooooo, PYT, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Tindomelia, Tapperhed, Nixtodea, Oyste, Kebecois, Evonidiche, Ferte, Northern Nivaria, Karlando, Free Land of Rebellium, Spncrgmn, Grimmywelsh, Libertaritaritaritaria, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Piscina, Valentian Elysium, Graemania, Decent Humans, Randopian, Krystalveil, AciaciaMont, The Republic of Osea, Xemja, and 23 others.Chocolate Coookies, Greenmont Federation, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Isentran, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Itic, Evertopia, Athontia, Ehrgeizig, Rex Republic, Lunador, Vivolkha, Leprechaun Gold, Great Ranges, Armatha, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Ascended Union, Point Comfort Colony, Ali Faridi, Pianaville, and Liberdon.