The Commonwealth of Cape Vessey is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Reeves with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.96 billion Vessians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Administration are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Havarti. The average income tax rate is 86.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Cape Vesseyian economy, worth 346 trillion buttons a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 69,897 buttons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius', noble feuds don't end until one side gets their point across, hay has been added to school cafeteria menus, and games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cape Vessey's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cape Vessey voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Cape Vessey was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Cape Vessey was endorsed by The Glacieri of Alemputo.
- : Cape Vessey was endorsed by The Workers' Republic of Yellowjacket.
- : Cape Vessey was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, hay has been added to school cafeteria menus.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, noble feuds don't end until one side gets their point across.
- : Cape Vessey was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Dustwind, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Kyrizstanislav, Tzo, Anollasia, Chip Skylark, Danyl, Maalemzya, Old Atlantica, Seantonia, Colonel Terrosit, Grungerock, PYT, Ignis Cinere, Ferte, Northern Nivaria, Karlando, Free Land of Rebellium, Spncrgmn, Libertaritaritaritaria, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Piscina, Valentian Elysium, The Republic of Osea, Greenmont Federation, Medetas, Isentran, Evertopia, Vivolkha, Great Ranges, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Ascended Union, Point Comfort Colony, Ali Faridi, Pianaville, Liberdon, Marxist Germany, Ner Epiand, Calrad, United States of Island land, Makykay, Clialaad, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Slaughter Machine, Ultimate Wakanda, Terra Royaume, and 19 others.Holma, The Galactic American Imperium, Greater Puptioneberadon, Megistos, S Mova Derat, Lisokyo, Krystalveil, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Killettland, Tausend Seen, Janraiqlux, Wischland, Tierra de Platanos, Capea, Richmondroads, The Indian Royalty, Silvedania, Yellowjacket, and Alemputo.