The Principality of Capetlant is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its pith helmet sales, frequent executions, and disturbing lack of elderly people. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 350 million Capetlantans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Qair Tigau. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 30.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Capetlantic economy, worth 34.7 trillion Gold Tigers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 99,017 Gold Tigers, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 754,469 per year while the poor average 3,579, a ratio of 210 to 1.
Leader's family members carry literal get-out-of-jail-free cards, pawn shop reality shows dominate basic cable, adults have never outgrown their fear of monsters, and all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Qair Tigau. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. Capetlant's national animal is the Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Capetlant was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Capetlant was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Capetlant changed its national capital to "Qair Tigau".
- : Following new legislation in Capetlant, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Qair Tigau.
- : Following new legislation in Capetlant, adults have never outgrown their fear of monsters.
- : Capetlant was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Following new legislation in Capetlant, pawn shop reality shows dominate basic cable.
- : Following new legislation in Capetlant, Leader's family members carry literal get-out-of-jail-free cards.
- : Following new legislation in Capetlant, all work and no play has rendered the nation's children somewhat intelligent but also remarkably dull.
- : Following new legislation in Capetlant, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
Endorsements Received: 42 » VW53Aland, Tretrid, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Todd McCloud, Asendavia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Staynes, The Three States of Fortuna, Peoples Republic of GG, Dragons Blood, Aivintis, Evrigenis, Virgoliaendorses, Ridann, Mays Austrian Nation, Pakitsk, Wiranath, Isanastivia, Luisagna, Kampf Empire, Alderaciea, Stellar Colonies, Jakubonia, Talitoa, Lingu, Raunch, Seri Tai Republic, Greater New Cassandra, Davinhia, Oofery, Tseriesiscoming, East Malaysia, Technocratic Tagalog, Liberstankonia, Modra, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, Libertanny, A mean old man, and Filipopol.