The Republic of Card Farmer 1 is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, soft-spoken computers, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 2.477 billion Card Farmer 1ians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Card Farmer 1ian economy, worth 338 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 136,617 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Behind every local dictator is a Card Farmer 1ian advisor whispering in their ear, the government tells its citizens to 'forgive and forget', the Card Farmer 1ian football team for the Maxxmas ceasefire consists only of Intelligence Corps personnel, and helicopter parenting is on the rise. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Card Farmer 1's national animal is the dove, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Card Farmer 1's influence in Birb rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Card Farmer 1's influence in Birb rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Card Farmer 1's influence in Birb rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Card Farmer 1's influence in Birb rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Card Farmer 1 relocated from Balder to Birb.
- : Card Farmer 1 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Card Farmer 1 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Card Farmer 1 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Card Farmer 1 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Card Farmer 1, helicopter parenting is on the rise.