The People's Republic of Cardison is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Zortan with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful population of 5.697 billion Cardisonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cardison Cross. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Cardisonian economy, worth 980 trillion Yahambahoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 172,194 Yahambahoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Cardison' is a smash hit, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, every week is blindness awareness week, and people across the world seek to be healthier by eliminating carbs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cardison's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cardison, people across the world seek to be healthier by eliminating carbs.
- : Following new legislation in Cardison, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Cardison, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Following new legislation in Cardison, the song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Cardison' is a smash hit.
- : Cardison voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Cardison, the army's trophy cabinets have gone all-organic.
- : Cardison was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Ehrgeizig.
- : Following new legislation in Cardison, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Cardison, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Zortan's wardrobe.
- : Cardison voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
Endorsements Received: 20 » Wysrod, Kuriko, Valentian Elysium, Randopian, Krystalveil, The Soylent Green Party, Northern Nivaria, Ignis Cinere, Evertopia, New Fania, Leprechaun Gold, Itic, Dustwind, Armatha, Anisopterra, Waitiki, AciaciaMont, Ali Faridi, Kachikawawa, and Ehrgeizig.