|Capital||Imperium Carthegium Vetus Capitis|
The Confederacy of Carthegia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its parental licensing program, smutty television, and frequent executions. The quiet, industrious population of 295 million Carthegians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperium Carthegium Vetus Capitis. The average income tax rate is 42.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Carthegian economy, worth 24.7 trillion Carthens a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 83,796 Carthens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, school football matches are usually five-a-side, and wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Carthegia's national animal is the Trudeau, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, school football matches are usually five-a-side.
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country.
- : Carthegia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Carthegia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, getting an autograph has become harder than ever.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Valentian Elysium, Kuriko, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Northern Nivaria, Krystalveil, Ignis Cinere, New Fania, Dustwind, The Republic of Osea, Anisopterra, Evertopia, Republic of Karskarovyt, Kachikawawa, and Ali Faridi.