|Leader||Lord Ghalte Dessler|
The Great Empire of Carthegia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lord Ghalte Dessler with an iron fist, and remarkable for its digital currency, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.761 billion Carthegians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baleras. The average income tax rate is 88.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Carthegian economy, worth 284 trillion Desuras a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 161,475 Desuras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Death row inmates cower in fear at the phrase "one-year anniversary", fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, and military pistols are more secure than the national treasury. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Carthegia's national animal is the Gatlantean, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, military pistols are more secure than the national treasury.
- : Carthegia was endorsed by The Holy Kingdom of Killettland.
- : Carthegia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks.
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, death row inmates cower in fear at the phrase "one-year anniversary".
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- : Following new legislation in Carthegia, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Carthegia endorsed The Holy Kingdom of Killettland.
- : Carthegia endorsed The Fabled Republic of Wischland.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Northern Nivaria, Ignis Cinere, Dustwind, The Republic of Osea, Anisopterra, Evertopia, Kachikawawa, Ali Faridi, Marxist Germany, HumanSanity, Liberdon, Isentran, Solsevara, Makykay, Maconshinbernititte, Clialaad, Ardelenia, Namakan, The Galactic American Imperium, The African Emirates, Kaltovar, Tzo, The Fortem, Holma, Eist, The unidet Of life, City of Saint Nicolas, Chip Skylark, Point Comfort Colony, Drewish, Colonel Terrosit, Gewisse, Slaytania, Batona, Vivolkha, Anollasia, Arnesia, Sous Aniores, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Manurajya, Megistos, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Silvedania, Pianaville, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Solarampa, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, and 45 others.Better Indonesia, Creeptopia, Ner Epiand, A R V E R N A, Old Atlantica, Greenmont Federation, Medetas, Zeganas, S Mova Derat, Mastodonia, United States of Island land, Palman, Nea Komnenia, Lower Phlebacite, Mystaaria, Airday, Kyrizstanislav, Katitania, Seantonia, QuazaFire, Ascended Union, The Snake Brotherhood, West Whale, Grimmywelsh, Danyl, Galimania, Nogalacia, Marroc, Kalldunn, Dovant, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Noohlya, Krystalveil, New Kowloon Bay, Conikslan, Blogotopia, Canada but with Jazz, Venmere, Zopciria, Serlone, Maalemzya, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Tausend Seen, Wischland, and Killettland.