The Catocracy of Catiania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Katrina with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, complete lack of prisons, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.581 billion Cats are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katton. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Cat economy, worth a remarkable 2,114 trillion mice a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 182,547 mice, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels, war vets look after war animals, and Katrina spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catiania's national animal is the Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Felinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Catiania, Katrina spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders.
- : Catiania resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Catiania, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in Catiania, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels.
- : Catiania was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Catiania endorsed The Ancient Uberstani Republic of Ridann.
- : Catiania was endorsed by The Ancient Uberstani Republic of Ridann.
- : Catiania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Catiania, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
- : Catiania was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".