|Leader||Kaiser Wilhelm IV|
The Anarcho-Socialist Kingdom of Catlania is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Kaiser Wilhelm IV with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 972 million Catlans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Catlanburg. The average income tax rate is 53.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Catlanian economy, worth 85.7 trillion Euros a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 88,194 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Churches across the land are hurriedly installing auto-tune for their choirs, rabbits are known to spontaneously explode without warning, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, and nine-year-olds' chat logs are scoured for evidence of radicalization. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catlania's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Catlania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Catlania was endorsed by The Republic of Turkenia.
- : Catlania was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Nazakhstan Empire.
- : Catlania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Catlania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Catlania, nine-year-olds' chat logs are scoured for evidence of radicalization.
- : Catlania was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Catlania, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws.
- : Following new legislation in Catlania, rabbits are known to spontaneously explode without warning.
- : Following new legislation in Catlania, churches across the land are hurriedly installing auto-tune for their choirs.
Endorsements Received: 62 » The New Mexican Confederation, Rivierenland, Owlograd, Imperium Anglorum, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Elisabethshagen, Estellan, Agrigentian, Shaor, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Invernessia, Destyntine, Meropis, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Northern German Federation, St Scarlett, Jim the Baptist, Ausvelt, Saint Domingo, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Anskerdank, Dark Matter, Walfo, Thracia Republic, Irminsulia, The Champions League, Trixeland, Kanokla, Abject Ludicrosity, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Leiningerland, Eski, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Valtrona, The Seven Provinces, Christian Terra, GanymedEuropa, Regnum Italiae, Imperial Kaiserreich Germany, Brakanistan, The New Nordic Union, Asparagusia, Maraleeri, NorthPortugal, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Wombelland, Enway, and 12 others.Continental Social Democrats, Nova Babilonia, Apabeossie, North of Americas, Othenhiem, Gliesetonia, Nardin, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, En Hassik, Nazakhstan Empire, and Turkenia.