The Republic of Cavardille is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 818 million Cavardilleans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14.2%.
The thriving Cavardillean economy, worth 51.2 trillion Francs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is 62,600 Francs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 219,101 per year while the poor average 12,991, a ratio of 16.9 to 1.
Prisoners pray grey skies are gonna clear up, male tourists tend to be fearful of Cavardille's deadly femme fatales, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track, and after every storm there's an expensive government-funded rainbow. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cavardille's national animal is the Gallic Rooster, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cavardille's influence in Cavardille rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Cavardille's influence in Cavardille rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Cavardille's influence in Cavardille rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Cavardille's influence in Cavardille rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Cavardille relocated from Osiris to Cavardille.
- : Cavardille was refounded in Osiris.
- : Cavardille ceased to exist in Cavardille.
- : Cavardille's influence in Cavardille fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Cavardille's influence in Cavardille fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Cavardille's influence in Cavardille rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".