|Animal||Mariana Fruit Dove|
The Republic of Chalan is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 384 million Chalanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saipan. The average income tax rate is 53.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Chalanian economy, worth 39.3 trillion Moneroes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 102,273 Moneroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons, economists claim no news is good news, grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps, and the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chalan's national animal is the Mariana Fruit Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chalan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one.
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps.
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, economists claim no news is good news.
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Chalan was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Chalan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, the government is in utter turmoil following the recent abolishment of the tax code.
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Following new legislation in Chalan, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
Endorsements Received: 41 » VW53Aland, Lingu, Acronis, Zukchiva, Todd McCloud, Brotherland, The Eternal Land of Jong, H-Zhena, Tretrid, Staynes, The Three States of Fortuna, Asendavia, Peoples Republic of GG, Dragons Blood, Unger under over, Modra, Pakitsk, Elejamie, Collective Individualism, Katyunon, San Castillo, Goodnamesarerare, Wizardonia, Slys Paws, Aivintis, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, Ridann, Philville2, Eudinity, Oofery, Raunch, Technocratic Tagalog, BuciLand, Mays Austrian Nation, Liberstankonia, The Atlae Isles, Libertanny, A mean old man, and Filipopol.