|Faith||The Great Hatred|
The Hidden Pirate Cove of Chan Island is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Chris Chan with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 10.052 billion Chan Islanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Channing Townton. The average income tax rate is 79.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Chan Islander economy, worth 977 trillion Shiny Things a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 97,195 Shiny Things, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Piracy is the nation's most popular pastime, games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting, official Sermon-Free Zones are set-up around the nation's hotels, and the banshee wail foretells skies of death. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Chan Island's national animal is the Axe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Great Hatred.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chan Island voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Chan Island voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Chan Island voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Chan Island voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Chan Island was endorsed by The Free People of Talgarth.
- : Chan Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Chan Island was endorsed by The Unspecified Civilisation of Bestburg.
- : Chan Island lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Chan Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Chan Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
Endorsements Received: 44 » Ransium, Canaltia, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Dwardossa, Fahx, Eryndlynd, Candlewhisper Archive, Frieden-und Freudenland, The Cypher Nine, Ziotah and Riverside, Ironic Remarks, Sacara, Feladria, Verdant Haven, Window Land, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, Ordand, Edible Plywood, Hyon Delta, Euso, Lura, Bananaistan, Rippardine, Palos Heights, Cheloboria, Appendia, Blon Gre, The Righteous Order of Youth, Bakwaas, Girelna, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Groenwald, Burkhai, McClandia Doge 2, Atsvea, Middle Barael, Tscharva, Pythaga, Bestburg, and Talgarth.