The Commonwealth of Cheloboria is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Elect with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.07 billion Cheloborians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tortoburg. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Cheloborian economy, worth 393 trillion Shells a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 128,045 Shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously", conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and there's some really clean windows in Cheloborian houses. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cheloboria's national animal is the Tortoise, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Maguffinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cheloboria was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Following new legislation in Cheloboria, there's some really clean windows in Cheloborian houses.
- : Following new legislation in Cheloboria, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Cheloboria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proper Hygiene For Medical Instruments".
- : Cheloboria endorsed The Free Land of Pen Blanityion.
- : Cheloboria endorsed The Holy Gold of McClandia Doge 2.
- : Cheloboria was endorsed by The Holy Gold of McClandia Doge 2.
- : Following new legislation in Cheloboria, conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors.
- : Cheloboria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vilita and Turori".
- : Cheloboria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Identification Tag Act".
Endorsements Received: 48 » Greyveldt, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, Feladria, Canaltia, Edible Plywood, Turbeaux, Ruinenlust, Verdant Haven, Bananaistan, Artemis, Lura, Love and Nature, Vanenia, Euso, The Void Territories, Kawastyselir, Kinectia, Frieden-und Freudenland, Bregaria, Taco Respublic, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Hyon Delta, Blon Gre, Snjor, Caterasia, Tur Ada, Forgotten Beauty, Rippardine, Eaven, Window Land, The Black Forrest, Reannia, Ziotah and Riverside, Ordand, Ironic Remarks, Plifte, Ashrah, Appendia, Crowacia, Groenwald, Burkhai, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, McClandia Doge 2, and Jutsa.