The Republic of Cilanthropis is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chancellor Sheev with a fair hand, and remarkable for its digital currency, daily referendums, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 877 million Cilanthropisians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Theed. The average income tax rate is 30.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Cilanthropisian economy, worth 76.7 trillion Cropis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 87,484 Cropis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, picnickers are lucky if a few wasps are the only animals that trouble them, and Chancellor Sheev has just been declared ruler of Cilanthropis in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cilanthropis's national animal is the Barbary Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cilanthropis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Cilanthropis changed its national nation type to "Republic".
- : Cilanthropis changed its national motto to "It's treason, then." and its nation type to "Galactic Republic".
- : Cilanthropis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Cilanthropis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Cilanthropis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Cilanthropis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Cilanthropis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : Cilanthropis changed its national motto to "Do it".
- : Cilanthropis changed its national leader to "Chancellor Sheev".
Endorsements Received: None.