The Republic of Clistane is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its smutty television, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 4.251 billion Clistaneans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Andena. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 32.1%.
The all-consuming Clistanean economy, worth 428 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 100,862 Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors, ritual mummification is making a comeback, trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews, and hedge fund managers are diversifying into herbaceous borders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Clistane's national animal is the Parakeet, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Clistane was endorsed by The Republic of Wilkshire.
- : Clistane was endorsed by The Kingdom of Test for a new hope.
- : Clistane was endorsed by The Borderlands of Helia Geopes.
- : Clistane was endorsed by The United States of Conservadoria.
- : Clistane was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Apetopia.
- : Following new legislation in Clistane, hedge fund managers are diversifying into herbaceous borders.
- : Following new legislation in Clistane, trails to natural wonders are littered with trash from reality film crews.
- : Following new legislation in Clistane, ritual mummification is making a comeback.
- : Following new legislation in Clistane, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors.
- : Following new legislation in Clistane, competing private ambulances racing to be the first to traffic accidents are a major cause of road accidents.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Alunya, Peldorn, Lomjia, Territorio di Nessuno, Moubarakistan, Nortopenesenia, Ethnon, PlanetPunk, New Pruessen, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Jasminlandia, Trillius, North Bratislava, Uganda Knuckles UK, Corfad, Napnomadia, Egalico, Great Bights Mum, Dar es Saalam, Koda-Land, Bayern-Straubing, Omnistria, Notyoutopia, British Pacific Islands, Frances Francis the First of France, Yaorozu, The Rhein States, Aratani, Sinelona, Siwale, Acrabinnia, Shin-Hachioji, El Fiji Grande, Tappan Hills, Black Templares, Buckerino, Sakaryata, Kingdom of Destsky, Saturns Edge, Kwaj, Sheldanada, Ejhsa, Vikingiarchy, Dreadton, Q w e r t y, Ibiscaton, Federation Terra Australis, Shadowrik, Haor Chall, Spartoptia, and 37 others.Kirostan, The Notorious Mad Jack, General COE, Steampunk Ariel, Ikea Rike, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Shibutani, Niradans, Kasazzastan, Selfgradatude, THX1138, Sil Dorsett, Wineclaw, Lost Staria, Votak Matim, Torakuen, Pallaith, Sunto, Sundred, Holy Oranz, Amauri, Joodey, Free Azzaca, Destructive Government Endorsing System, New Bremerton, Castle Federation, Miruma, Noahs Second Country, 1 very fast endotarter, North Altatude, Vincone Cae, Former English Colony, Apetopia, Conservadoria, Helia Geopes, Test for a new hope, and Wilkshire.