The Dominion of Cobr is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion, suspicion of poets, and devotion to social welfare. The cynical population of 888 million Cobrians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 66.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Cobrian economy, worth 18.3 trillion Chowkarian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 20,588 Chowkarian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association, shoppers have literally had their hands full since plastic bags were banned, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, and all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Cobr City. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cobr's national animal is the Guppy, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cobr's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Cobr's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Cobr relocated from The Cascadia Nation States to The Rejected Realms.
- : Cobr was ejected and banned from The Cascadia Nation States by The Holy Empire of Burger.
- : Cobr's influence in The Cascadia Nation States rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Cobr's influence in The Cascadia Nation States rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Cobr relocated from Cascadia nation states to The Cascadia Nation States.
- : Cobr's influence in Cascadia nation states rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : Cobr's influence in Cascadia nation states rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Cobr's influence in Cascadia nation states rose from "Power" to "Superpower".