The Most Serene Republic of Concentus is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Concertmaster with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.635 billion Concentians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Concordia. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Concentian economy, worth 172 trillion Lyras a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 105,700 Lyras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, money grows on trees, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and bike rage is all the rage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Concentus's national animal is the Songbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Concentus, bike rage is all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Concentus, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Concentus, money grows on trees.
- : Concentus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Concentus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Concentus endorsed The Free Land of Northern Celavon.
- : Concentus's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Concentus was endorsed by The Free Land of Northern Celavon.
- : Following new legislation in Concentus, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Following new legislation in Concentus, most ambassadors from Concentus retire only a few years after being appointed.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Staynes, H-Zhena, Dragons Blood, VW53Aland, Greater New Cassandra, Zukchiva, New Leganes, Ridann, Brotherland, Rainbow Vests, A mean old man, Asendavia, BuciLand, Tretrid, Oofery, Lingu, Coruh, Sunsistan, Marrabuk, East Malaysia, Plazland, Kampf Empire, Modra, FreedomIand, Acronis, Anarchica landia, Debluu, The Three States of Fortuna, Layngderfleethe, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Dannemarie, Axdel, Azureano, CheeseBurrito, Biingus, Santa Dystopia, Kangarawa, A Slanted Black Stripe, Lorrana, Wallenburg, BearStackof2015, The Bedford Initiative, Pekweng, Eastern Alksearia, North Bernia, Kavanos, Dravida India, The Kulaata Islands, Cellar Doors, and 19 others.Lueva, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Empire of Dabiristan, BowPen, ArenaC, From New World, Eagle Crest, Republic of New India, Nythi, Cacnesia, Pirnovo, Adolanta, Enlil, Tierra Fuego, Fellon, Aquyia, Veterans Association, and Northern Celavon.