The Byzantine Empire of Constantinolia is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Andronikos VI with an iron fist, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, free-roaming dinosaurs, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 7.217 billion Byzantines are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 23.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantine economy, worth a remarkable 1,317 trillion hyperpyrons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 182,558 hyperpyrons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is loathed abroad for dumping all of its waste in international waters, bizarre-looking creatures called 'eagledogs' dominate wildlife preserves, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids, and Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Constantinolia's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Constantinolia, Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping.
- : Following new legislation in Constantinolia, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids.
- : Following new legislation in Constantinolia, bizarre-looking creatures called 'eagledogs' dominate wildlife preserves.
- : Following new legislation in Constantinolia, the nation is loathed abroad for dumping all of its waste in international waters.
- : Following new legislation in Constantinolia, the new one hyperpyron coin also makes a handy throwing-star.
- : Constantinolia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Constantinolia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Constantinolia, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Constantinolia, people often feel unbalanced by their daily commute.
- : Following new legislation in Constantinolia, Constantinolia successfully hosted the 10000 Islands Olympics.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Kuriko, Mastodonia, The Soylent Green Party, Anigeto, The Parandeam, Dustwind, Lower Phlebacite, Free Land of Rebellium, New Fania, Northern Nivaria, Blogotopia, Tzo, Testa, Lamborghini Murcielago, Wysrod, Gewisse, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Vivolkha, The Biggles Syndicate, Isentran, Nooooooooooooooo, Creeptopia, Kyrizstanislav, Serlone, Old Atlantica, Better Indonesia, Karlando, Zeganas, Colonel Terrosit, Ignis Cinere, The Snake Brotherhood, Kebecois, Slaytania, New Dracora, Zyrcrestia, Seantonia, Palman, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Chip Skylark, Grimmywelsh, Maalemzya, Grungerock, Future of Mankind, Anollasia, Echocrimsonia, Danyl, Yakkandiania, Iontan, Ascended Union, Valentian Elysium, and 54 others.Tol Elenna, Anisopterra, Graemania, Old Tryst, Achiotopia, Vill Send, Krystalveil, Republic of Karskarovyt, Recon Island, Ao Kuang, Johnne Green, Hellenic Exusia, Dystopija, Dekatu, Athontia, City of Saint Nicolas, The Republic of Osea, Nublar Paradox, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Snakeden, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Solarampa, Nogalacia, Drewish, Harekoku, Evertopia, Ehrgeizig, Rex Republic, Samonaemia, Itic, Leprechaun Gold, AciaciaMont, Armatha, Kachikawawa, The Pizza, Waitiki, Haxx Isles, Point Comfort Colony, Ali Faridi, Liberdon, Novegia, Eames, QuazaFire, Namakan, Pianaville, Bortheria, Wigwag, Discotheque, Kildare, Marxist Germany, Vones Monourakal, Solsevara, and HumanSanity.