The Democratic Republic of Corbien is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Clammy McClamface with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.98 billion Corbienese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cyrena. The average income tax rate is 79.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Corbienian economy, worth 581 trillion Buckets a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 97,259 Buckets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mandatory daycare is provided by the government, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, burnt-out forty-foot-tall wicker men dot the countryside, and farmers have taken to hunting billionaires who encroach on their land. Crime is totally unknown. Corbien's national animal is the Clam, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Clamism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Corbien was endorsed by The Awkward Adages of Geektopia.
- : Corbien was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule.
- : Corbien was endorsed by The Lonk of KazamanicEuropeia.
- : Corbien was endorsed by The Lucky Beartopia of The Nation of the People of the Nation.
- : Corbien was endorsed by The Community of Sanjira.
- : Corbien was endorsed by The Hard Working Nation of Tital Mania.
- : Following new legislation in Corbien, farmers have taken to hunting billionaires who encroach on their land.
- : Corbien was endorsed by The Technocratic Federation of Laudesia.
- : Following new legislation in Corbien, burnt-out forty-foot-tall wicker men dot the countryside.
- : Corbien was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
Endorsements Received: 64 » Le Libertia, Raghallaigh, Brickfield, Liberepublia, Estanglia, Almendron, Katkasistan, Samuelstani, Cortlandt Manor, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Akeland, Vlazinova, Pirataria, Paulotzia, Polgaria, Yugarritia, Poquaoi, Greatnessity City, Ipsonasia, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, Precisely Nothing, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Purple Ruthenia, Ajaccino, Caffeinated, Kingdom of Stargard, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, West Wirral, Lethen, Andradus, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, The Soverign Military Order Of Malta, Emastalia, Sablania, Leuxas, Penlopa, New France Republic, Union Lysk, Pygania, Ganud, Pland Adanna, Boopityboopboop, The Democratic Peoples, and 14 others.Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Cyberpunk, The Lost Men, Lurinsk, Disney Know it Alls, Laudesia, Tital Mania, Sanjira, The Nation of the People of the Nation, KazamanicEuropeia, The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule, and Geektopia.