The Empire of Cords Maris is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its smutty television, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 616 million Cords Marisians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Licentia Mare. The average income tax rate is 63.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Cords Marisian economy, worth 40.2 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 65,329 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sermons are regularly interrupted by businessmen taking phone calls, the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cords Maris's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cords Maris was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Cords Maris was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Guztavo.
- : Cords Maris voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Cords Maris voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Cords Maris was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Baobab-Bumbaria.
- : Cords Maris was endorsed by The Republic of Androxis.
- : Cords Maris voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Cords Maris was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Cords Maris voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Mikeswill".
- : Cords Maris voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Journalism Protection Act".
Endorsements Received: 46 » Volkovica, Liberepublia, Le Libertia, South Eastern Centralia, Off God Islands, Aexnidaral, Pirataria, Raghallaigh, Precisely Nothing, Terra Potestatem, Mancheseva City, Eloscape, Purgitz, Twilight Ways, Desrouleaux, Chadaria, Uniarq, Emastalia, Arvigiel, Acapais, Serpahima, Clialaad, Caffeinated, The Democratic Peoples, Estanglia, Purple Ruthenia, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Murden, Ikheria, United-Marrshmallows, Awesomepotomia, New Peoples Empire, Saarland-Niederbayern, The United Peoples of Centrism, Lethen, Mikkazuki, Ajaccino, Deathfall, Ipsonasia, The Tugboat Complex, Brickfield, Kingdom of Stargard, Chungus World, Montpitol, Androxis, and Baobab-Bumbaria.