The Dictatorship of Covoicotheval is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, suspicion of poets, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 274 million Covoicothevalians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 72.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Covoicothevalian economy, worth 13.6 trillion Guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. Average income is 49,459 Guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Sick days are on the rise, Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Covoicotheval's new capital, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, and the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Covoicothevalian democracy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Covoicotheval's national animal is the Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Covoicotheval, the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Covoicothevalian democracy.
- : Following new legislation in Covoicotheval, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police.
- : Following new legislation in Covoicotheval, Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Covoicotheval's new capital.
- : Covoicotheval was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Covoicotheval, sick days are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Covoicotheval, politicians are forced to vote with their party leaders.
- : Following new legislation in Covoicotheval, rare art has become a significant factor in negotiating all foreign trade agreements.
- : Following new legislation in Covoicotheval, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Following new legislation in Covoicotheval, the people sing of those who will not be slaves again.
- : Covoicotheval endorsed The United Kingdom of Isreal Two.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Balan Bar, Socialist Platypus, The Free City of Nelson, Charville, Duby, Danimpalia, Pervincia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Ciapore, Seolia, The Psittacines, Hubdova, Eastern Starbowie, United Cyber Tech, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Primis Tenebris, Devonigondwana, Hockeyyekcoh, Nova Briton, Cyzixraqab, Ziroxeut, Aelandi, BadBitchVille, Stustu, Nueva Rico, Umpalia, Untied States of Matter, Cramboria, Kurczak Mielony, Redamia, Great Luirokitanea, GreatBritannia, Zuelong, Gatorstan, Cle Brait, Loveable Dogs, El Blurkistan, Tolerian Empire, Sweola, Elythrea, Lislandia, Nibelia, Terra Valor, Kiyadimundika, Commuba, Swiss Hommousionopia, Vivenxistan, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Ruotsaland, StarGaiz, and 13 others.Atila, Oktadonia, Locotima, United States Of Florida, Boettger, Wakaru, Her Majesty Silver Garden, The Capitalist China Party, Holy Boaiggim, Washiwa, Tentoria, Kalanu, and Litorauria.