The Republic of Dans Gres is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.915 billion Dans Gresians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 83.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dans Gresian economy, worth 187 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Basket Weaving. Average income is 97,974 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense, bike rage is all the rage, sex changes are routinely performed at Dans Gres's hospitals, and party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dans Gres's national animal is the owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dans Gres was endorsed by The Silver Republic of Liberdon.
- : Dans Gres lost the endorsement of The Silver Republic of Liberdon.
- : Dans Gres voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Dans Gres voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Dans Gres voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Dans Gres voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Dans Gres was endorsed by The Glacieri of Alemputo.
- : Dans Gres was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Dans Gres voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Dans Gres, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Wysrod, Northern Nivaria, The Soylent Green Party, Valentian Elysium, Ignis Cinere, Dustwind, Anisopterra, Evertopia, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, The Republic of Osea, Republic of Libriano, Clialaad, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Ascended Union, Holma, Makykay, United States of Island land, Vivolkha, The Galactic American Imperium, Namakan, Marxist Germany, Megistos, S Mova Derat, Pianaville, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Krystalveil, Wischland, Killettland, Capea, Silvedania, Alemputo, and Liberdon.